Friday, June 29, 2012

Change.....

I have been thinking all day about what to write in my posted blog.   After much thought, I decided to talk about change.  Everyone seems to be opposed to change in some fashion.  I have reached a point in my life where change is necessary.   I have changed.  I finally came to the conclusion that I had to make the first change.  I had to let go of things that I thought were important, but really were not.   I think that all the turmoil and uncertainty in my life has brought about this profound light.  Change is necessary and imminent.  Change happens all over the world, daily.  I used to embrace change.  It was the chance for something new.  Something different.  Sometimes just a change of scenery can make the biggest difference in one's life.  The first change I made in my life was how I interacted with my family.  I quit taking them for granted, and started putting them first.  I even expressed this idea to an employee of mine when he was struggling with several life decisions.  I told him health and family before everything else.  Now, how does a 36 year old man come to this life changing idea?  I stepped back from "life" one day, and realized that while I thought I was doing everything right, I missed something.  I missed all the little things that made the big picture work.   I was missing out on time with my wife and kids.  So back to my changes...

I began reading to the boys again.  I made time in my schedule for them.  It is important.  And here I was missing it.  Tyler turned four and Tristin just turned eight.   Where did the time go?  Where was I?  How had I missed these fleeting moments?  I had too many irons in the fire.  Too many projects.  So, I decided to cut loose many of the projects that I had picked up, thinking that I have plenty of time for them and everything else I was doing.  There are no guarantees.

So, my friends, here is my suggestion.  Do not fear change.   Do not sit in the comfortable "numb" of everyday life.  Do not take those you love for granted.  Make a change.  Even if it is small.  Take a chance on a new food, go somewhere new, make some time for those you love.  Put work on the back-burner or put the phone down for a change and watch a movie with the kids or spouse, play a game.  Do something...... before the time has passed and you wonder where you were during that time.


Changes are coming........

Chad

2 comments:

  1. I think this you make some great points Chad. My boys are 4 and 8 as well, man time flies. I get caught up in the work thing too. Second shift and willingness to bend over backwards to get more sales has definitely detracted from the family. I think I can try a bit harder to find that time though. I appreciate the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good outlook on life Chad. It's so true, we are promised nothing in life and we never know when our time is up. Make the changes you want and make a difference. Life isn't a dress rehearsal. Very nice first blog!

    ReplyDelete